I'm really looking forward to having a more structured life in August.
In the meantime, for the first time since April, I present to you my YOP many-times-revised list, a day later than I had planned, since apparently it's Monday. Who knew, right? I'm changing the order up a bit because I'm starting to think about what happens after next month (since my "year" of projects is actually only 50 weeks long).
- nook cover (Pattern: none/Yarn: Handspun/FINISHED 01 May)
- Line Break shawl (Pattern: Line Break/Yarn: MadTosh TML/FINISHED 13 April)
- handspun coffee cozy (no pattern/handspun yarn/FINISHED 24 February)
- coldcoldcold cowl (Pattern: CarbonEssence/Yarn: BMFA Marine-Silk Sport/FINISHED 27 January)
- Fathom-colorwork sweater (Pattern: Blue Betty/Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino/ FINISHED 02 January)
- SKA October 2012-socks for Mom (Pattern: Phloem/Yarn: Shalimar Breathless/FINISHED 11 December)
- mitts for Dad (no pattern/Yarn: Aslan Trends Ecolana/FINISHED 12 December)
- Something for the newest little Proios (Patterns: It's My Party Hat & Chaussons mignons/Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted/FINISHED 14 December)
- [Proto]mitts for me (Pattern: none/Yarn: Jamieson's Shetland Heather Aran/FINISHED 29 November)
- Summer Garden Scarf (Pattern: none/Yarn: Araucania Chaiten, Plymouth Royal Llama Linen/FINISHED 27 November)
- Obsessions Hat (Pattern: Sideways Grande Hat/Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Big Baby/FINISHED 21 November)
- Devin's Irish Sweater (Pattern: Killybegs/Yarn: Cascade Eco+/FINISHED 01 November)
- Circus Socks (Pattern: none/Yarn: Shibui Sock (love!!)/FINISHED 03 October)
- SKA June 2012 (Pattern: Bevy Socks/Yarn: Malabrigo Sock/ FINISHED o1 August)
- Pattern: Ocean Waves Hat/Yarn: Malabrigo Rios/FINISHED 29 July
- coldcoldcold, the sweater (Pattern: Magnanimity Cardi/Yarn: LB Fishermen's Wool/CO 13 January) (HIBERNATING)
- January Socks (Pattern: Park City Socks/Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine/CO 01 January)
- socks, vanilla (Pattern: none; toe-up ribbed/Yarn: Fleece Artist Merino 2/6/CO 01 May)
- wedding madness (Pattern: Celestarium/Yarn: Knitted Wit Bantamweight Corriedale/CO 14 May)
Also, I started insane wedding-based knitting that will probably eat up what's left of my sanity in addition to all of my knitting time in the next six weeks. I can't explain it; it seemed reasonable when I cast on.
- yom kippur tee
- stranded tee (Pattern: Umbrellas/Yarn: Spud and Chloe Fine)
- sweater: Fit to Flatter (Pattern: Bel Air/Yarn: Imperial Yarn Tracie)
- socks, SKA February (Pattern: Rampant/Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino)
- socks, SKA May (Pattern: Swedish Fish)
- SKA June 2013
- SKA July 2013
This portion of the list has been ruthlessly culled. While I still don't think all of this is possible before the end of June (especially given the wedding madness, mentioned above), these are the things I'd still like to at least get a start on. To be fair, I've swatched for Bel Air, and had every intention of casting on... until I poached the needles for the wedding thing. And I had the Yom Kippur Tee done to the armpits before I had to frog it. Anyway, I've decided to switch patterns for the Yom Kippur Tee-- I'm thinking either sunny side [up!] or Gilligan... although I also keep coming back to Gemini.
The projects that have dropped off the list are still floating around in my head, but I've decided to give myself a break/concede to reality, and stop listing them as if I'm going to have anything to do with them in the next six weeks... because, frankly, I'm not.
I've got spinning on the wheel and spindle (it involves flicking locks on a dog slicker; there is much fun to be had when discussing these things in public if you're a people-watcher), but the pictures are not quite ready. Also, if I leave spinning for later, maybe I'll be able to remember that Tuesday generally follows Monday and precedes Wednesday...