I'm still knitting away on various stockinette pieces, but I did go digging for the lacy sock I had on the needles (it was Zhen Zen from The Joy of Sox)... Unfortunately, it's primarily in reverse stockinette, which drives me batty in the round on hot days, so I frogged the whole thing and restarted with a new pattern-- still toe-up, still for Mom, but cables instead of lace. And, it's recently (in the last 48 hours) become cool enough that I'm willing to look at the cashmere blend and needles again, so maybe I'll get past the toe this coming week.
Due to the heat, I mostly worked on scraps and projects that were small and mindless.
It's been so hot the wool sticks to me when I try to spin, and then it's all clumpy in the draw. So I basically haven't spun this week, which is frustrating, but not as frustrating as being covered in little clumps of beautiful wool that will never be yarn.
Year of Projects List in Progress (week 5/50)
From the 2012 list
- Devin's Irish Sweater (CO 20 May 2012; pattern: Killybegs with Cascade Eco+)
- Fathom Sweater (pattern: Gramps Cardigan with Tosh Merino)
On the needles, in one way on another
- Bevy Socks (aka orange socks) FINISHED 01 August
- formerly Zhen Zen (blue) Socks (new pattern: Little Minx still with Shalimar)
- Willamette in April (UFO 13 April 2012; pattern: Willamette Scarf with Skein)
- Summer Garden Scarf (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a WIP; no pattern)
- Alpaca Something (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a new WIP; pattern: Liberty)
- Scraps 1- Squares (long-term project; 5/? squares knit)
- Scraps 2-Puffs (long-term project; 3/? puffs knit)
- hand-spun book cover for Devin (yarn: handspun green Targhee, pattern: improvised)
- Akoya (yarn: Indigo Moon)
- Hunter St Cowl (need to choose yarn)
- Borough (need to choose yarn)
- Sheep Heid (this is the one project I'm planning on buying yarn for)
I'd like to successfully make a...
- Lace-weight sweater (need to choose yarn and pattern)
Socks, always socks
- SKA 1 (October 2012)
- SKA 2 (November 2012)
- SKA 3 (February 2013)
- SKA 4 (May 2013)
- SKA 5 (July 2013)
- Dad 1
- Dad 2
- Socks to make me happy 1 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 2 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 3 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
This space reserved for when I go off plan.
Project: Stashdown (skeins in/out)
week 3: 0/2
week 4: 0/2
week 5: 0/2
weeks 1-4: Corriedale in "Iceberg" ~ 6 & 1/2 ounces
week 5: Abstract Fiber 2-tone BFL in "Laurelhurst", none to speak of spun but it sure is pretty!
Project: Big Life Event
We booked the venue!
Project: Weight Watchers
Somebody want to explain to me how I had 22 activity points and didn't manage to lose anything?? At least I didn't go up...