I love Devin... all 19" of her torso. Nineteen inches is a lot of knitting, even in bulky yarn. She had better love this cardigan when I finally get it done.
In other news: scarves are boring. Useful and lovely FOs, but so so so boring to knit. I have two active-ish on the needles right now, in addition to the never-ending cardigan body. Future self please note: one scarf at a time from here on out. Better yet: remember this moment, and pick patterns with more knitting interest than plain stripes or a single texture stitch. I'm moments away from shouting "A sock, a sock! My kingdom for a sock! (preferably with lace!)"
Oh wait... I think I have one of those as a WIP around here somewhere...
I actually did finish the blue and white Corriedale. The last moments of it involved scissors late at night, a few tears, and Devin finding the Zen of untangling singles (the girl totally deserves a 19" cabled cardigan, hands down), but I am done. I took a day or two to contemplate (read: toss) the stash for my next spinning adventure; I think I want to spin BFL next because I've had success with it in the past, and I'd like a soothing experience after this last one.
Year of Projects List in Progress (week 4/50)
From the 2012 list
- Devin's Irish Sweater (CO 20 May 2012; pattern: Killybegs with Cascade Eco+)
- Fathom Sweater (pattern: Gramps Cardigan with Tosh Merino)
On the needles, in one way on another
- <del>Bevy Socks (aka orange socks)</del> FINISHED 01 August
- Zhen Zen (blue) Socks (UFO 30 June 2012; pattern: Zhen Zen with Shalimar)
- Willamette in April (UFO 13 April 2012; pattern: Willamette Scarf with Skein)
- Summer Garden Scarf (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a WIP; no pattern)
- Alpaca Something (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a new WIP; pattern: Liberty)
- Scraps 1- Squares (long-term project; 4/? squares knit)
- Scraps 2-Puffs (long-term project; needs to be planned and defined)
- hand-spun book cover for Devin (yarn: handspun green Targhee, pattern: improvised)
- Akoya (yarn: Indigo Moon)
- Hunter St Cowl (need to choose yarn)
- Borough (need to choose yarn)
- Sheep Heid (this is the one project I'm planning on buying yarn for)
I'd like to successfully make a...
- Lace-weight sweater (need to choose yarn and pattern)
Socks, always socks
- SKA 1 (October 2012)
- SKA 2 (November 2012)
- SKA 3 (February 2013)
- SKA 4 (May 2013)
- SKA 5 (July 2013)
- Dad 1
- Dad 2
- Socks to make me happy 1 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 2 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 3 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
This space reserved for when I go off plan.
- <del>Ocean Waves hat</del> FINISHED 29 July
- Craftsy class: Celtic Cables
- Craftsy class: The Fair Isle Vest
Project: Stashdown (skeins in/out)
week 3: 0/2
week 4: 0/2
week 1: Corriedale in "Iceberg" , 1 & 1/8 oz spun
week 2: Corriedale in "Iceberg", 2 oz spun
week 3: Corriedale in "Iceberg", 2 & 3/8 oz spun
week 4: Corriedale in "Iceberg", 1 & 1/8 oz spun
Project: Big Life Event
Project: Weight Watchers
Still on track to make goal by next July if I lose less than a pound a week. Not a stellar week, but not too shabby either.