- coldcoldcold, the sweater (Pattern: Magnanimity Cardi/Yarn: LB Fishermen's Wool/CO 13 January)
- January Socks (Pattern: Park City Socks/Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine/CO 01 January)
- Line Break shawl (Pattern: Line Break/Yarn: MadTosh TML/CO 04 March)
- Handspun socklettes (no pattern/handspun yarn/re-CO 23 March)
I'm calling it; the sweater is officially hibernating. I don't think I've worked on it in a month. I did manage to finish one of the Park City Socks, but I haven't even cast on the second one. On the other hand, I'm on the second-to-last repeat of the Line Break pattern, each of which is longer than the last, so I think I'm about 60% done. And I re-cast on the handspun socks for Mom this week as more portable mindless knitting-- and because I love working with my handspun, as wonky as it is.
- SKA February one-of-four (Pattern: Rampant/Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino/CO 01 February)
- SKA February two-of-four (Pattern: Soda Fountain/Yarn: Fleece Artist Merino 26/CO 01 February
- SKA February three-of-four (Pattern: Walden Pond Socks/Yarn: Knitted Wit Superwash Merino/CO 01 February)
- SKA February four-of-four (Pattern: Budapest Market/Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine/CO 01 February)
Projects I'd like to cast on AND finish by July (5)
- hat: handspun (Pattern: Coriander)
- hat: Lucy Hat (Yarn: Malabrigo Twist)
- mitts for Devin (Pattern: Pike's Mitts/Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER)
- slippers, thrumbed (Pattern: Thrumbelina)
- sweater: Yom Kippur (Pattern: Spring Garden Tee/Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy)
I really can't stop thinking about making a hat with my handspun... as soon as I finish something else, I'm casting on so it stops occupying space in my brain. The other addition to this section of the list is a pair of thrumbed slippers for my mom. They look fun to make, I can make them entirely from stash, and she needs more handknit footwear in her life... the last two pairs of socks she meant to knit for herself got socknapped by her sister, and turned out to be large enough to fit Devin, respectively. Also, her feet are perpetually cold.
Projects I'd like to at least have started start by July (9)
- The Alpha Scarf II (no pattern/Yarn: Peruvian Tweed)
- giant, green doily shawl (Pattern: The Doubloon/Yarn: Viola Merino Lace)
- sweater for Dad (Pattern: Straboy/Yarn: Peace Fleece)
- sweater: Fit to Flatter
- sweater KAL with Mom (Pattern: Folded)
- SKA May 2013
- SKA June 2013
- SKA July 2013
- Stranded&Steeked blanket (Pattern: Tir Chonaill/Yarn: Cascade 220)
Two projects added this week (well, in the past three weeks): first, click over to The Doubloon on Ravelry; I'll be here when you get back. Don't feel like clicking? Here's one picture of the designer's sample.
The second addition is a sweater inspired by Amy Herzog's Fit to Flatter series. I signed up and sat through the Craftsy class, and I have the book pre-ordered. She suggests that the next sweater to go on the needles, in order to practice the concepts in the class, be knit in pieces, bottom-up. I generally don't knit sweaters in pieces... Ok, I never have knit a sweater in pieces... but I'm going to give it a try. I'm thinking either Reine out of BT LOFT or Twigs and Willows, out of some as-yet undetermined stash yarn... I think those are both knit in pieces, and they're both a whole lot of stockinette, which is another thing Amy recommends for the next sweater.
Quick plug, her class is absolutely hands-down awesome. If you've been struggling with sweater fit, or wondering how to style your handknits, I would say this is the class for you. If you're only ever going to take one Craftsy class, take this one... unless you're a spinner and you love color; then you should go with Felicia Lo's class. End plug.
Finally, my finished projects; nothing's changed this week, but it's nice to end on a note of accomplishment.
- handspun coffee cozy (no pattern/handspun yarn/FINISHED 24 February)
- coldcoldcold cowl (Pattern: CarbonEssence/Yarn: BMFA Marine-Silk Sport/FINISHED 27 January)
- Fathom-colorwork sweater (Pattern: Blue Betty/Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino/ FINISHED 02 January)
- SKA October 2012-socks for Mom (Pattern: Phloem/Yarn: Shalimar Breathless/FINISHED 11 December)
- mitts for Dad (no pattern/Yarn: Aslan Trends Ecolana/FINISHED 12 December)
- Something for the newest little Proios (Patterns: It's My Party Hat & Chaussons mignons/Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted/FINISHED 14 December)
- [Proto]mitts for me (Pattern: none/Yarn: Jamieson's Shetland Heather Aran/FINISHED 29 November)
- Summer Garden Scarf (Pattern: none/Yarn: Araucania Chaiten, Plymouth Royal Llama Linen/FINISHED 27 November)
- Obsessions Hat (Pattern: Sideways Grande Hat/Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Big Baby/FINISHED 21 November)
- Devin's Irish Sweater (Pattern: Killybegs/Yarn: Cascade Eco+/FINISHED 01 November)
- Circus Socks (Pattern: none/Yarn: Shibui Sock (love!!)/FINISHED 03 October)
- SKA June 2012 (Pattern: Bevy Socks/Yarn: Malabrigo Sock/ FINISHED o1 August)
- Pattern: Ocean Waves Hat/Yarn: Malabrigo Rios/FINISHED 29 July