I finished two projects this week: the hat I'd started last week whilst watching the Olympics and the orange socks that gave me conniption fits; that's two out of twenty-six projects down! I put in a little time working on scarves and squares and the like as well, but not enough to make an appreciable difference.
I didn't end up starting a specific project for the RavelryNotOlympics-- my best friends from Tucson flew in to Portland on Friday as a birthday surprise for me, leading to a very unexpectedly busy weekend. It was wonderful, and a little bittersweet, and I ate so much I half expect I can roll down the sidewalk now...
It's starting to feel like I'm working on the never ending top. I hope the end is in sight, but I fear it's not. I might be spinning blue and white Corriedale for the rest of my natural life. At least after over six ounces I'm finally getting consistent results. That's something, right?
Year of Projects List in Progress (week 3/50)
From the 2012 list
- Devin's Irish Sweater (WIP, started 20 May 2012; pattern: Killybegs)
- Mad Tosh Tosh Merino in Fathom Sweater (yarn on hand and caked; pattern: Gramps Cardigan)
On the needles, in one way on another
- Bevy Socks (aka orange socks) - FINISHED 01 August
- Zhen Zen (blue) Socks (UFO, started 30 June 2012)
- Willamette Scarf (UFO started 13 April 2012)
- Summer Garden Scarf (UFO from 2011, frogged and now a WIP; no pattern)
- Alpaca Something (UFO of my own design needs some sort of definitive action)
- Scraps 1- Squares (long-term project needs to be planned and defined)
- Scraps 2-Puffs (long-term project needs to be planned and defined)
- Devin (need a pattern and to choose yarn)
- Dad (need a pattern and to choose yarn)
- hand-spun book cover for Devin (yarn: green Targhee, pattern: improvised)
- Akoya (yarn on hand)
- Hunter St Cowl (need to choose yarn)
- Borough (need to choose yarn)
- Sheep Heid (this is the one project I'm planning on buying yarn for)
I'd like to successfully make a...
- Lace-weight sweater (need to choose yarn and pattern)
Socks, always socks
- SKA 1
- SKA 2
- SKA 3
- SKA 4
- SKA 5
- Dad 1
- Dad 2
- Socks to make me happy 1 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 2 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 3 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
This space reserved for when I go off plan.
- Ocean Waves hat- FINISHED 29 July
- I'm adding two Craftsy classes to my list, because they may or may not result in projects: Celtic Cables and The Fair Isle Vest. I love the Craftsy platform; I've taken a spinning class with them which was brilliant, and I hope within the year to have these two classes under my belt...
Project: Stashdown (skeins in/out)
week 3: 0/2
week 1: Corriedale in "Iceberg" , 1 & 1/8 oz spun
week 2: Corriedale in "Iceberg", 2 oz spun
week 3: Corriedale in "Iceberg", 2 & 3/8 oz spun
Project: Big Life Event
Project: Weight Watchers
I didn't weigh-in this week. I had a number of "special occasion" meals, and I can tell by the fit of my grandfather's ring (which I always wear) that I'm either up or bloated or both. Back to the gym with me!