In other news, when did cars acquire so many buttons? The dash of my rental looks like something out of Star Trek. Apparently I pout every I turn it on with its stupid "on" button. Devin says I'm cute, I say I'm cranky.
At least I have a new hat.
I also used my time on the train to knit on the second sock and the never-ending scarf. I'm ready to turn the heel on the sock, so I think I'm on track to be finished by 30 November, and the never-ending scarf is... longer. I keep hoping I'll get to the end of the yarn, but it's one of those balls that appears to be balancing all the knitting I do that involves playing chicken with the stated yardage. Balance in the universe is good... right?
Of course, after we'd picked out the sweater yarn, he started looking for purple silk (he's a fly-tying fly fisherman, and yarn stores can be as much fun for him as for me), and I went wandering around to the spinning wool... and when he came to find me, he happened to touch this wool:
All of this leads to yet another revision of The List, which is fine by me-- as much as I love making lists, I also feel like knitting is only fun if I'm endlessly flexible. Otherwise, it feels like work!
- Fathom/Colorwork Sweater (Pattern: Blue Betty/Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino/ CO 5 November)
- Summer Garden Scarf (Pattern: none/Yarn: Araucania Chaiten, Plymouth Royal Llama Linen/CO #3 08 August 2012)
- SKA October 2012/Socks for Mom (Pattern: Phloem/Yarn: Shalimar Breathless/CO 17 October)
- SKA November 2012
- Something for the newest little Proios...
- The Alpha Scarf II (Pattern: None/Yarn: Peruvian Tweed)
Best Laid Plans Queue (14)
- hat: Sheep Heid
- hatt: Lucy Hat
- mitts for Devin (Pattern: Pike's Mitts/Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER)
- mitts for Dad
- mitts for me
- SKA February 2013
- SKA May 2013
- SKA July 2013
- socks for Devin
- A Dad Sweater (Pattern: Straboy/Yarn: Peace Fleece)
- sweater: contiguous sleeves
- sweater: KAL with Mom (Pattern: Folded/Yarn: TBD)
- sweater: lace weight
- sweater: Yom Kippur (Pattern: Spring Garden Tee/Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy)
Long-Term Works in Progress
- Obsessions Hat (Pattern: Sideways Grande Hat/Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Big Baby/FINISHED 21 November)
- Devin's Irish Sweater (Pattern: Killybegs/Yarn: Cascade Eco+/FINISHED 01 November)
- Circus Socks (Pattern: none/Yarn: Shibui Sock (love!!)/FINISHED 03 October)
- SKA June 2012 (Pattern: Bevy Socks/Yarn: Malabrigo Sock/ FINISHED o1 August)
- Pattern: Ocean Waves Hat/Yarn: Malabrigo Rios/FINISHED 29 July