Remaining 2012 Goals (2 sweaters to go!)
- Devin's Irish Sweater (Pattern: Killybegs/Yarn: Cascade Eco+/FINISHED 01 November)
- second sweater/colorwork (Pattern: Blue Betty/Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino)
OTNs in July
- SKA June 2012 (Pattern: Bevy Socks/Yarn: Malabrigo Sock/ FINISHED o1 August)
- Willamette in April Scarf (Pattern: Willamette/Yarn: Skein Merino-Cashmere/CO 13 April 2012)
- Summer Garden Scarf (Pattern: none/Yarn: Araucania Chaiten, Plymouth Royal Llama Linen/CO #3 08 August 2012)
Mitts of Obligation
- for Dad
- for Devin (Pattern: Pike's Mitts/Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER)
- SKA October 2012/Socks for Mom (Pattern: Phloem/Yarn: Shalimar Breathless/CO 17 October)
- SKA November 2012/Socks for Dad(maybe) (Pattern: Mashad/Yarn: Knitted Wit Superwash Falkland Sport)
- SKA February 2013
- SKA May 2013
- SKA July 2013
- Circus Socks (Pattern: none/Yarn: Shibui Sock (love!!)/FINISHED 03 October)
- lace weight
- fingering weight
- white for Yom Kippur (Pattern: Gemini)
Miscellaneous and Long-Term
I finished Devin's sweater, and I swatched for the next sweater-- which would be the fourth one for this year, thus meaning that I will have met my goal of four sweaters in 2012-- if I finish it by the end of December that is, but I haven't cast on. Nominally, it's because I don't want to deal with alternating skeins; I'm also a little concerned about bias in the fabric because I'm using a singles yarn.
No worries, because I have plenty of other projects going to distract myself, like the two pairs of socks I should be knitting for my parents. I finished one sock for Mom, but haven't cast on the second one-- which needs to be done by the end of the month to count for SKA. Dad's socks (if they turn out manly enough) aren't "due" until the end of December, but he has a birthday at the beginning of December, there's Hanukkah coming early this year, and his wife is a big Christmas person, so even though our family doesn't celebrate Christmas, he gets grief if I don't send him Christmas gifts (does that make sense to anyone? it really doesn't to me, but, as mentioned, I'm not a Christmas person). I'm continuing to plod away at the striped scarf take three, but am obsessed with ripping out the Willamette Scarf (not seen here in months, because I haven't worked on it in months) because I've decided I don't like the gauge and it won't be long enough-- but if I rip it out, I think I'll have to wash the yarn, and then figure out what to do with just over 400 yards of beautiful merino/cashmere that's really not in colors anyone I know wears. It's a first world problem for sure. I'm thinking of To infinity and beyond...
Finally, I'm obsessed with the Lucy hat and the Marketa Mitts from the newest Knitscene, and I also love this hat from Yarniad; please note that there are no planned hats on my list, and of the two mitts I should make I've made exactly none, nor would these mitts work as a stand-in for either of those mitts.
So, what did I end up knittting this week? Puffs. They're addictive-- even if you're a person that thinks the end result is a highly impractical blanket.