Year of Projects List (week 11/50)
From the 2012 list
- Devin's Irish Sweater (CO 20 May 2012; pattern: Killybegs with Cascade Eco+)
- Fathom Sweater (pattern: Gramps Cardigan with Tosh Merino)
On the needles, in one way on another
- Bevy Socks (aka orange socks) FINISHED 01 August
- formerly Zhen Zen (blue) Socks FROGGED.
- Willamette in April (UFO 13 April 2012; pattern: Willamette Scarf with Skein)
- Summer Garden Scarf
- Alpaca Something (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a new WIP; pattern: Liberty)
- Scraps 1- Squares (long-term project (9x11); 6/99 squares knit)
- Scraps 2-Puffs (long-term project (15x19); 13/285 puffs knit)
- hand-spun book cover for Devin (yarn: handspun green Targhee, pattern: improvised)
- Akoya (yarn: Indigo Moon)
- Hunter St Cowl (need to choose yarn)
- Borough (need to choose yarn)
- Sheep Heid (this is the one project I'm planning on buying yarn for)
I'd like to successfully make a...
- Lace-weight sweater (need to choose yarn and pattern)
Socks, always socks
- SKA 1 (October 2012) patterns under consideration are Nutmeg Socks, Xylem, and Phloem. Anyone have an opinion?
- SKA 2 (November 2012)
- SKA 3 (February 2013)
- SKA 4 (May 2013)
- SKA 5 (July 2013)
- Dad 1
- Dad 2
- Circus Socks- CO 13 Sept. Yarn is Shibui Sock in "Zinnea".
- Socks to make me happy 2 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 3 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
This space reserved for when I go off plan.
- Ocean Waves hat FINISHED 29 July
- Craftsy class: Celtic Cables
- Craftsy class: The Fair Isle Vest
- I was sitting in services this week thinking about how I never have anything to wear for Yom Kippur-- I avoid white clothing like the plague every other day of the year. Maybe by this time next year I'll have knit myself a Gemini in Hempathy or Euroflax?
Project: Stashdown (skeins in/out)
weeks 1-4: Corriedale in "Iceberg" ~ 6 & 1/2 ounces
weeks 5-10: Abstract Fiber 2-tone BFL in "Laurelhurst"
week 11: lanithium ex machina fuschia mystery sample ~ 1/3 ounce. I spun this as a lark, and I'm not sure if I'm going to try and felt it into singles (a first for me-- I always make 2-ply) or try my hand at navajo plying on a spindle. There's not much length either way; it looks about laceweight on the shaft. Opinions, suggestions, tips and resource links all welcome in the comments!
Project: Big Life Event
Project: Weight Watchers
Between moving hassles, tooth pain, and Yom Kippur this week, I skipped weigh in. I refuse to feel guilty.