One very fabulous effect of the festival was that I picked up my spindle again for the first time in weeks. As soon as I did I thought to myself, "Why in the world did I stop doing this daily?" and I still can't remember. Anyway, I spun a small sample up that Mom is currently turning into a puff, and I spun a teeny tiny bit of the BFL I've supposedly been working on all month. Knitting-wise, I'm happily working on the second Circus Sock... maybe I'll have it done by Friday, which would be lovely. The temperatures have finally started dropping and my toes are cold!
Year of Projects: List in Progress (week 10/50)
From the 2012 list
- Devin's Irish Sweater (CO 20 May 2012; pattern: Killybegs with Cascade Eco+)
- Fathom Sweater (pattern: Gramps Cardigan with Tosh Merino)
On the needles, in one way on another
- Bevy Socks (aka orange socks) FINISHED 01 August
- formerly Zhen Zen (blue) Socks FROGGED.
- Willamette in April (UFO 13 April 2012; pattern: Willamette Scarf with Skein)
- Summer Garden Scarf
- Alpaca Something (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a new WIP; pattern: Liberty)
- Scraps 1- Squares (long-term project (9x11); 6/99 squares knit)
- Scraps 2-Puffs (long-term project (15x19); 13/285 puffs knit)
- hand-spun book cover for Devin (yarn: handspun green Targhee, pattern: improvised)
- Akoya (yarn: Indigo Moon)
- Hunter St Cowl (need to choose yarn)
- Borough (need to choose yarn)
- Sheep Heid (this is the one project I'm planning on buying yarn for)
I'd like to successfully make a...
- Lace-weight sweater (need to choose yarn and pattern)
Socks, always socks
- SKA 1 (October 2012)
- SKA 2 (November 2012)
- SKA 3 (February 2013)
- SKA 4 (May 2013)
- SKA 5 (July 2013)
- Dad 1
- Dad 2
- Circus Socks- CO 13 Sept. Yarn is Shibui Sock in "Zinnea".
- Socks to make me happy 2 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 3 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
This space reserved for when I go off plan.
Project: Stashdown (skeins in/out)
week 7: 0/0
week 8: 0/0
week 9: 1/0
week 10: 14/0 It was Oregon Flock and Fiber. I had a planned and controlled fall off my cold sheep... I would like to point out I didn't buy three (to five) skeins of Knitted Wit Featherweight-even though I really, really wanted to. That's gotta count for something, right? Especially since I also didn't buy a 5.5 lb Romney fleece either-- and that was astonishingly difficult to walk away from.
weeks 1-4: Corriedale in "Iceberg" ~ 6 & 1/2 ounces
weeks 5-10: Abstract Fiber 2-tone BFL in "Laurelhurst" I spun an eighth of an ounce this week. It's not much, but it's more than I've spun all month!
Project: Big Life Event
Project: Weight Watchers