I have about 7" of the body done-- this is a bottom up sweater, and I'm making a few modifications for size (as in: I cast on for one size, am decreasing down a size as I approach the waist, and will go down another size after the waist on the way up to the bust. Also, it'll be longer in both body and arms (Devin's tall, meaning really tall-- not just tall because I'm short.) and I think the arms are going to be a size completely unrelated to the body... although I haven't quite thought that through. Stay tuned!) and I think I want to add a zipper, instead of the hook-and-eye closures called for by the pattern.
I've never added a zipper before, but I have two very good reasons for wanting to try one: (1) Devin likes the idea and (2) my bottom is curling. It's stockinette and cables, so the curling is entirely predictable, and I contemplated ribbing to prevent it, but the pattern calls for this very finicky, good-looking i-cord cast on (oh! that's another modification I'm making: instead of finishing by picking up the edges and applying an i-cord, I'm knitting one on as I go. It doesn't look exactly the same, but it's close enough, and totally worth not picking up 56" of button band.) which took me hours to do, and I'm hoping a zipper and blocking will stop the curling on the sweater when it's an actual sweater.
I decided to try spinning a fiber that wasn't BFL this month, so I pulled out a braid of Mountain Colors Targhee I bought from The Loopy Ewe awhile back.
Remember to leave me comments about zippers, targhee, or anything else! And click over to Tami's Amis, the host of WIP Wednesdays, to see what other people are up to. (While copying the web address for the link, I happened to scroll down to the Candy Skein Color of the Month. It makes me wish I wasn't cold-sheeping!)