In other news, I've made very little progress on the list of WIPs since last month. I ended up sorting through almost my entire stash-- fiber and yarn, although not the sock skeins-- and pulling out a skein or two that felt more inspiring than what I've currently got on the needles. Then I swatched, a lot, and frogged a lot of swatches. There are two additional projects on the list now that are still in such infancy they don't even have project pages on Ravelry. We'll see if they last.
I would love to show you pictures of my spinning (a merino/silk blend that is defying all attempts to capture it accurately on "film"), but my wheel is going in for maintenance while I'm away (and, as mentioned above, all the pictures I've taken thus far are utterly awful). I've got my second weaving object on the loom-- it's three colors of worsted-weight llama/silk, and I think it'll come out better than the last woven object that is so not what I planned, I haven't finished it and never photographed it. The second one has to be better than the first one because it really can't get worse.
So, there we have it, the state of things here, and maybe some hints as to why I've been quiet lately. I'm taking suggestions for knitting to pack for the trip-- two eight-hour bus rides and a fair amount of supervising out and about. I'm leaning towards socks for my purse, but think I could manage something bigger on the bus, as long as it's something without charts...
3. Dad's Striped Socks
4. Unicurves Socks (SKA Sept. 2013)
5. May '14 MOCK (SKA)
6. Rampant Socks (SKA Feb. 2013)
7. zirkel. Socks (SKA Jan. 2014)
9. Bel Air (Devin's Seamed Jumper)
10. CF Acorn Trail (this may require a CF practice run)
- 10 (a) CF practice run... Lightweight Cardigan
- 11 (a) Hitofude
13. Barndom (or some other tri-colored shawl)
14. Alpaca Scarf
15. The only Sweater of 2013 (finished, with buttons, 28 December 2013)
14. Welted Cowl (frogged, 03 February 2014)
17. Thrumbelina (finished and mailed, 24 February 2014)