You'll have to take my word for it that I finished my tricolor shawl, even in the absence of a picture, and that it's big and snuggly, although I hate the little picot things and I'm still undecided about how pink it really is. You're also going to have to take on faith that I have a CustomFit vest-- meaning my sweater is done but for sleeves and the finishing details, and that it fits very well for a sweatshirt. I think this is because I'm built like a squat rectangle with large breasts, but I'm also having a hard time loving my physical self at the moment, so you'll have to take that particular statement with a grain of salt. In any case, the yarn was a bit of a disappointment, behaving differently in a garment than a hat or swatch, and I'll be very happy with a sweatshirt-sweater when I finish it.
The last time I posted a list, I had eleven spins in progress... That's increased by one, and I don't have any spinning pictures, either. But I am considering selling my QueenBee because we're just not clicking, so I suppose at a certain point I'll at least take pictures of the wheel, and maybe then there will be finished spinning, and pictures of finished spinning. Other than the shawl, all the knitting WiPs are still WiPs, and the kitten, while gigantic, still climbs the loom in an alarming way... so I haven't warped anything. My skirt-- A-line, not pencil-- is in pieces, and I'm thinking of getting to them later today.
It's the end of the year, and we've got some traveling coming up, so the likelihood of me getting to a list after today but before the first of the year is low, so even without pictures I've gone back and taken a look at my 2014 goals. I had fifteen listed goals, and a couple more that were wiggle-room, loop holes, or foggy. Of the fifteen, I feel pretty good about ten of them, and even though that's an unimpressive C, it's the kind of C that I feel like I worked for, so I'll take it and happily.
I'm declaring 2015 to be the year of guilt-free crafting, as well as the year of 3's. More on that later, although I did set up my goals page already, so technically, Internet, you already know.
My 2013 WiP Round-Up, and 2014 Check-off
- Mom's Kathmandu Raglan Finished!
- Puffs I added 13 this year. That's pretty weak; maybe I'll crank out a few in the next ten days.
- Magnaminity Cardi Finished!
- Devin's Blue Seamed Sweater Frogged. In fact, I tried to destash the yarn but Devin made sad eyes. Maybe I'll find a pattern that will make me less cranky about the inconsistent quality amongst the skeins.
- Chuppa Finished!
- Stripey Socks for Dad Frogged. They were too big. Don't ask how far I knit past the point when I knew they were too big.
- Stand-in Socks Not a thing. This was not a sock year-- every pair was/is either too small or too big. It's depressing.
- Devin's Blue Socks Frogged. See #8.
- Welted Cowl Frogged, destashed, and good riddance. I hated the yarn so, so much.
- Thrumbelinas for Mom Finished!
- Alpaca Hap Blanket Stalled. My half-baked plan is half-baked, but I still think I can make it work... Somehow. Maybe I'll take it into my LYS and ask for help.
- Doubloon Abandoned. Probably. I haven't done anything with the yarn, in any case.
- Straboy for Dad Stalled. I cast on, but the yarn is annoying and dark, and the cables are hard, and my head hurts at the end of the day.
- Custom Fit Acorn Trail Altered, but very near completion. It's a v-neck pullover now.
- Dad's Alpaca Scarf Still in the exact space that it was this time last year, and yes, I still think weaving is the solution.