In fiber news: My wheel came down strapped into the back seat of the car, along with our camping chairs, so I was able to mitigate the cold-water-induced-attitude with a little spinning; I finished the pink and purple merino by calling my inconsistent results "thick and thin" and got about 148 yards of 2-ply out of the mess. I've since started spinning some blue BFL with absolutely no plan-- maybe I'll try my hand at navajo (chain) plying it.
I also started a pair of socks that were not on the list because I needed something to knit in the car, and among the boxes, that was simple, soothing, and that wouldn't even consider talking back. Bonus: The yarn comes in those pre-wound balls so I really could cast on without any prep. I've since added them to the list, so now there are nine pairs of socks planned this year (and all of them are still from stash. Which, incidentally, seems to have arrived intact, with the only casualty being the latch on one of the totes).
My project for the afternoon is to unpack enough of the closet and bedroom boxes to locate a professional outfit for tomorrow, with a secondary goal of tackling some of the book and office boxes because I'd really like to find my rather large collection of post-it notes. I've been forbidden to buy any more by a certain gorgeous red-headed spouse, who may have noticed that I have more post-its than the local office supply store... but if I can't find them before Monday, I'm going to have to break that rule. I've taught without textbooks, electrical outlets, running water, and white/chalk boards, but I'm really not sure if I can teach without post-its.
Here's the list-- wish me luck (and fewer U-turns) for the next week!
- Devin's blue sweater (CO 10 July, pattern: Bel Air, yarn: Imperial Yarn Tracie)
- Hap blanket (CO 5 June, pattern: modified Tweed Baby Blanket, yarn: various alpaca/wool blends from stash)
- Celestarium (CO 14 May, pattern: Celestarium, yarn: Knitted Wit Bantamweight Corriedale)
- Magnanimity (CO 13 January, pattern: Magnanimity, yarn: Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool)
Socks: Entirely from stash! (9)
- Relocation Socks (CO 31 July, no pattern toe-up, yarn: Patons Kroy Socks)
- SKA February 2013 (pattern: Rampant (theme: "under-appreciated"), yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino)
- SKA May 2013 (pattern: Swedish Fish Socks (designer: SpillyJane), yarn: Knitted Wit Superwash Merino Fingering)
- SKA September 2013 (pattern: Unicurves (designer: Jeannie Cartmel), yarn: Alisha Goes Around Tracks of Bison Fingering (theme: "tropical"))
- SKA November 2013 (designer: Rose Hiver, theme: "over-appreciated")
- SKA January 2014 (pattern: Feminine Lace (designer: Stephanie Van der Liden, theme: "lace"))
- SKA February 2014 (designer: Cookie A, theme: "under-appreciated")
- SKA May 2014 (pattern: MOCK by Adrienne Fong)
- SKA July 2014 (pattern: Treebeard Socks (designer: Claire Ellen))
Other Projects: Spinning & Puffs
- Spinning this week: +4.1 ounces (Total: 4.1 oz; Goal: 6 lbs in 50 weeks)
- This week in Puffs: +0 (Total: 2 (well, 55); Goal: 50 puffs in 50 weeks)