After I dithered on Wednesday-- and got some incredibly helpful comments from Lissa and Suzy here, and some wonderful people on Ravelry-- I packed up eight totes of yarn and fiber, two crates of books, and a box of notions and needles (yes, I have a lot of stash) and trucked them over to where they'll be living. Thanks, Mum, for the use of your SUV-- it would have taken me at least three trips in my little car. Next up: books. I think I'll knit something calming first.
Year of Projects List in Progress (week 6/50)
From the 2012 list
- Devin's Irish Sweater (CO 20 May 2012; pattern: Killybegs with Cascade Eco+)
- Fathom Sweater (pattern: Gramps Cardigan with Tosh Merino)
On the needles, in one way on another
- Bevy Socks (aka orange socks) FINISHED 01 August
- formerly Zhen Zen (blue) Socks (new pattern: Little Minx still with Shalimar)
- Willamette in April (UFO 13 April 2012; pattern: Willamette Scarf with Skein)
- Summer Garden Scarf (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a WIP; no pattern)
- Alpaca Something (frogged UFO circa 2011, now a new WIP; pattern: Liberty)
- Scraps 1- Squares (long-term project (9x11); 6/99 squares knit)
- Scraps 2-Puffs (long-term project (15x19); 10/285 puffs knit)
- hand-spun book cover for Devin (yarn: handspun green Targhee, pattern: improvised)
- Akoya (yarn: Indigo Moon)
- Hunter St Cowl (need to choose yarn)
- Borough (need to choose yarn)
- Sheep Heid (this is the one project I'm planning on buying yarn for)
I'd like to successfully make a...
- Lace-weight sweater (need to choose yarn and pattern)
Socks, always socks
- SKA 1 (October 2012)
- SKA 2 (November 2012)
- SKA 3 (February 2013)
- SKA 4 (May 2013)
- SKA 5 (July 2013)
- Dad 1
- Dad 2
- Socks to make me happy 1 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 2 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
- Socks to make me happy 3 (probably toe-up, plain, with stripey yarn)
This space reserved for when I go off plan.
Project: Stashdown (skeins in/out)
week 3: 0/2
week 4: 0/2
week 5: 0/2
week 6: 7/1
weeks 1-4: Corriedale in "Iceberg" ~ 6 & 1/2 ounces
weeks 5&6: Abstract Fiber 2-tone BFL in "Laurelhurst"
Project: Big Life Event
We booked the venue!
We ordered the Save the Dates/semi-finalized the invite list!
Project: Weight Watchers
Nothing lost, nothing gained. Sigh.