Between the sorting, packing, and trips to drop off things at Goodwill when it gets to the point that a person can't turn around in our apartment without knocking something over, I've barely knit. I did get two sort of sad-looking puffs made, and about three-quarters of an inch of the ribbing for Devin's sweater knocked out-- that is, the ribbing for the back; it's a pieced pattern.
I've also been trying my hand at spinning some merino top-- unfortunately, the braid was compressed to the point of being unspinnable, so I've been fluffing the fibers with my carders. This has muddied up the colors a bit, which is too bad, and combined with my experimenting with trying to spin thicker singles so as to make a slightly textured bulky yarn... well, I'm not sure I'm going to end up with anything anyone would want to knit. But, sometimes, it's the journey, not the destination, right? Anyway, I'll get it done in the next day or two, and that will be four ounces towards my six pound goal!
I reorganized the list a bit, because the schedule for Sock Knitters Anonymous came out this week, and I got all excited thinking about future socks. The challenges don't start until September, so the next month is still about getting a handle on my WIPs. I've still got the same four projects on the needles, and the same two socks languishing from this last cycle with SKA, and I added the socks I'm planning to make in the coming months; as an extra incentive to knit the socks I've chosen this year, I'm doing them completely from stash-- stash yarn, and patterns I already own. I'm pretty thrilled... I think the packing is getting to me.
- Devin's blue sweater (CO 10 July, pattern: Bel Air, yarn: Imperial Yarn Tracie)
- Hap blanket (CO 5 June, pattern: modified Tweed Baby Blanket, yarn: various alpaca/wool blends from stash)
- Celestarium (CO 14 May, pattern: Celestarium, yarn: Knitted Wit Bantamweight Corriedale)
- Magnanimity (CO 13 January, pattern: Magnanimity, yarn: Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool)
Socks: Entirely from stash! (8)
Other Projects: Spinning & Puffs
- Spinning this week: 0 oz (Total: 0; Goal: 6 lbs in 50 weeks)
- This week in Puffs: +2 (Total: 2 (well, 55); Goal: 50 puffs in 50 weeks)