I could just have a week that ignores the list, tells you my woes, and leave it as a cautionary tale sans illustration, but I've had such a poor YOP track record lately... I didn't wanna.
So, for the fourth (or fifth? I suppose one of these days I should go back and look at the list in its original incarnation, but again, don't wanna) time, my list has had some rather drastic renovations.
- coldcoldcold, the sweater (Pattern: Magnanimity Cardi/Yarn: LB Fishermen's Wool/CO 13 January) (HIBERNATING)
- January Socks (Pattern: Park City Socks/Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine/CO 01 January)
- nook cover (Pattern: none/Yarn: Handspun/CO ... this week. Let's say Thursday)
I was trying to be project monogamous with The Second Sock-- I gave it better needles (ruthlessly poached from other socks, but whatever) and everything-- but I couldn't quite manage it. I cast on some handspun-- it's BFL, and the second skein I made on my wheel.
- socks, SKA February (Pattern: Rampant/Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino)
- socks, SKA May (Pattern: Swedish Fish)
- socks, vanilla
- sweater: Fit to Flatter (Pattern: Bel Air/Yarn: Imperial Yarn Tracie)
- yom kippur tee (Pattern: Spring Garden Tee/Yarn: Elsbeth Lavold Hempathy)
This part of the list is what changed the most this week, I think. For one thing, I realized that I hated one of the February patterns when I saw it at a trunk show a couple weeks ago... and I was just having trouble letting go. For another, I really want a pair of vanilla socks on the needles after I finish the nook cover. I miss knitting vanilla socks. Lastly, I was running out of sock-sized needles, and it really wasn't a reasonable solution to go buy more. Trust me, I have plenty.
The Spring Garden Tee (that was) is in a serious timeout. I even spent a significant amount of time looking for an alternate pattern--that's how cranky I am about the situation. Of course, since I'd spent a significant amount of time deciding on this pattern in the first place, not that long ago, I didn't magically find a different tee to knit out of this yarn at a gauge I'm willing to wear in public.
Projects I'd like to cast on AND finish by July (2)
- hat: handspun (Pattern: Coriander)
- slippers, thrumbed (Pattern: Thrumbelina)
Projects I'd like to at least have started start by July (7)
- The Alpha Scarf II (no pattern/Yarn: Peruvian Tweed)
- giant, green doily shawl (Pattern: The Doubloon/Yarn: Viola Merino Lace)
- sweater for Dad (Pattern: Straboy/Yarn: Peace Fleece)
- sweater KAL with Mom (Pattern: Folded)
- SKA June 2013
- SKA July 2013
- Stranded & Steeked blanket (Pattern: Tir Chonaill/Yarn: Cascade 220)
Looking at the whole thing, maybe the changes this week weren't as drastic as they felt. Huh. I do feel pretty good about digging myself out of the sock hole, and eventually I'll get around to forgiving the stupid tee. And I made a giant swatch for Devin's sweater and actually got gauge... at least in stockinette. Now I have to come to terms with knitting it on size 3's, but that's not its fault, really.
Spring has finally sprung in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm enjoying the sunshine in an allergy-induced fog. Hope your week is as pleasant!